Saturday, October 27, 2012

Haresh celebrates his 2nd anniversary

AATP top seed Haresh Ramchandani had a special celebration for close
friends and family last night on the two year anniversary of his
Facebook page "Tennis Chronicles".

The part time AATP pro and part time tennis writer/ blogger, who
squeezes in a banking job in his free time, created his Chronicles
Facebook page exactly two years ago to the day and since then has seen
his online following grow rapidly. More than 5,000 people from across
the world currently follow his Indian tennis centric page on the
social networking site Facebook, in which Haresh has a
0.
000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% stake.

Speaking to our reporters on the occasion, Haresh commented, "It was
thanks to my blogging for the AATP that I discovered my flair for
tennis writing so I would like to thank all the folks there who gave
me such positive feedback and encouragement. From interviewing Rizwan
and Philips in the MSLTA cafeteria, to meeting Sania, Mahesh and
Rohan, it's been wild ride and a dream come true. I always found it
hard to find news on Indian tennis players given that our players
mostly compete in the minor leagues. Hence, Chronicles is my attempt
to provde a one-stop platform for all those who are keen to follow
Indian tennis."

When asked about the highlight of the day, Haresh said, "The best gift
I received yesterday was when Martina Navratilova retweeted my page to
her followers on Twitter. Martina and me go a very long way back. I
used to watch her on Doordarshan playing those Wimbledoon finals
against Steffi and thats where my passion for the game began. So her
gesture means the world to me."

For those who are not on the page yet, here's the link to Chronicles -

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haresh-Ramchandanis-Tennis-Chronicles/106612526073357

No comments: